COVID-19 and Global Excavation Safety Conference
COVID-19 has stopped meetings and events in their tracks. It’s an unprecedented time for the events industry. Employees are working from home, travel has been curtailed, and virtual events and video conferencing have taken over. But the physical event environment is returning. Livestreaming can’t fully replace face-to-face interaction and people are looking forward to the opportunity to get together again.
We’re hard at work planning our 2021 event, but it is going to look very different from what you’ve seen in the past. Infrastructure Resources, producers of the Global Excavation Safety Conference, and all our service providers and partners are taking every precaution to protect the health and safety of our delegates, our employees, and our guests.
Tampa Convention Center
- All public touch points cleaned hourly
- Hand sanitizer stations in common areas
- One-way ingress, egress and travel paths
- Thermal screenings and appropriate PPE required
- Food served in closed containers with wrapped utensils
- Safe behavior signage displayed throughout the venue
Registration will be different. Self-check-in counters are available and hands-free. We are enforcing social distancing guidelines in lines. The expo floor features wider aisles and booths have taller walls. All aisles are one-way. Meals are all grab and go and you will notice that shared coffee and water stations are not available.
Badge access to session rooms are hands-free and seating capacities have been reduced to accommodate social distancing requirements. Because room capacities have been reduced, you may find that some sessions are available more than once throughout the course of the conference.
- Self-registration to reduce face-to-face interactions
- Social distancing in queues and lines
- Hands-free badge access to rooms and meals
- Wider exhibit hall aisles
- Seating capacities accommodate social distancing requirements
- Directional signage to support one-way ingress, egress and travel paths
- More frequent and deeper cleaning
- Regularly disinfecting high-touch areas
- Contactless check-in
- Mechanisms in place for social and physical distancing
- Sanitizing wipes in all guest rooms
- Grab and Go food items
- Removing non-essential high-touch items in guest rooms and common hotel areas
- For additional questions on the hotel’s COVID response, please contact the hotel.
We at Infrastructure Resources want you to feel confident in your decision to attend the live conference in 2021, so we are offering a risk-free registration option. If the conference must be cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns, you will be able to roll you registration over at absolutely no charge to the virtual event or, if you’ve already added the virtual event to your registration package, to the live event in 2022 in Phoenix.
While we have every confidence in a return to live events by March, we understand the situation remains fluid. Click here to view our full cancellation policy for the 2021 Global Excavation Safety Conference, including our COVID-19 cancellation policy.
If you would like to learn more about what we are doing, call us at 866.279.7755. We look forward to seeing you in Tampa in March and, until then, we hope you stay safe and healthy.